Wednesday 16 April 2014

Hello!



My name is Adele and this is the start of my very own blog. I am 24 years young, a children's nurse and a huge fan of tea & cake! I have followed lots of beauty and lifestyle blogs for years, gaining inspiration from them on everything from wearing the latest make-up and hair trends to recipe ideas or just being nosy at the haul videos! I have wanted to start my own blog for a while and now I've finally decided to join in so... hello!

I plan to write posts featuring beauty product reviews and chat about the latest beauty trends, I'm currently trying to get fit and healthy in 2014 after being a sofa slob for many years and so I will be writing about my progress and just general updates on what I've been up to and places I have been. I'm hoping to do a lot more travelling in the future both abroad and in the UK as I have very itchy feet and I love seeing new places, so will keep you posted on my travels too! 

Now to get to know me a bit better...here's five facts about me :)

1) I have naturally ginger hair which I used to hate as a child after being named Duracell, ginger nut and ruder names I daren't mention but now I'm older I actually love it and it's my favourite feature, it is also now fashionable thanks to ginger nut ambassadors such as Florence Welch, Christina Hendricks and Karen Gillan! 

2) I'm allergic to cats, which absolutely sucks because if I could have my very own grumpy cat in my life I definitely would. I don't let it stop me from cuddling all my friends cats though, despite the red puffy eyes and sneezes that follow! I guess I'll just have to keep getting my cat fix on Instagram until someone invents a cure.

3) I get ridiculously flustered if I am in the presence of anyone remotely famous, I get flappy and talk absolute gibberish. Once I met Olly Murs and told him I loved him and thought he was amazing.....cringe.

4) I'm a children's nurse which I absolutely love. It really is one of the most challenging and rewarding jobs you could ever have. It drains me at times but there really isn't anything else like seeing a child you have cared for go home feeling healthy and ready to run around causing trouble again! It's a wonderful profession to be a part of. 

5) I am a clumsy oaf and it's only getting worse with age. I can't eat a single meal without making a mess nowadays, I have probably broken around 4 mirrors in the past few years (heaps of bad luck in store for me!) and I can't be trusted around anything breakable or valuable!

I hope you enjoy reading my blog and feel free to get in touch with any comments or questions! :)

 Adele x


No comments:

Post a Comment