Monday 28 April 2014

Home Haul...



Today my friend Sophie and I decided to take a trip to Ikea to have a look around as we both had a day free. I've been ridiculously excited for this trip for the past week as I hadn't been to Ikea in years and I am a bit of a homeware lover! Most of our trips out together involve either tea, countryside visits or browsing around homeware stores at things we can't afford...(we are like a pair of little OAPS and we love it!) I decided I would allow myself a few treats including the amazing Daim Bar cake and I was a bit overly giddy with excitement about it, ha.

The first stop was at the restaurant for lunch to fuel ourselves for an afternoon of shopping and after a delicious salmon and spinach lasagne, we tucked into a Daim Bar cake; if I could marry an item of food I would have done it there and then, absolutely delicious and super cheap! Then we were ready to hit the rest of the store.


Really regretting not buying an entire cake and saving some for later!


High on sugar, post-cake binge, we had a look around all the different rooms with lots of inspiration on offer. I of course had to open every 'Look Inside' cupboard and drawer and I HAD to try out the beds to see how comfy they were (obviously.) Being in Ikea reminded me of the brilliant scene in 500 days of Summer where they are playing around in Ikea and with the Chinese family in the bathroom...ahhh I love that film! I didn't go too crazy on my haul but I'm really pleased with the purchases I made, all cutesy bits and bobs for my house and I gained a lot of inspiration for the future and how I want my home to look. 




Drona Box (£3.50)


I picked up this lovely fabric storage box for just £3.50 and I'm very pleased with it. I was looking for storage solutions as I have a lot of products cluttering up my desk and paperwork everywhere, so I wanted my room to be more organised. It's quite large and they had different types in the same pattern, so I will be definitely popping back for more.


BRÅKIG collection cushion covers (£5.00 each)


The Brakig collection is a new limited-edition collection of homewares and has lots of items on offer in the pattern seen in the photo above. If I could have, I definitely would've invested in the lot, from the cute trays, bowls and plates to the bedding and footstools, my whole house would be Brakig-style. I absolutely love the pastel pink colour of the cushion covers and at £5.00 each I had to buy two! 


DRÖMLIK  Floral Scented candles (£3.25 for a pack of three)

Skurar Candle-holder (£2.50)

 Stopped by BHS home to pick up this little beaut (£3.00)


I also picked up these little extras to add to that cutesy feel that I love. My room is filled with cute little trinkets and these are all just lovely. I particularly love the candle holder from Ikea, however I'll be using it as a pot to store my make-up brushes in (I'm trying to be more organised and tidy!)

If you have any recommendations of places I can pick up cutesy homewares in a similar style then let me know and I'd love to know what you think of my purchases so feel free to leave a comment!

Adele x


2 comments:

  1. Anthropolgie is good, but it's so bloody expensive. Maybe try out Wilkinson's though, they tend to have some pretty things in from time to time! xx Rebecca - UK fashion blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never been to Anthropologie, I'll have to give it a go!😌thanks!xx

    ReplyDelete