Monday 14 July 2014

Home update...

Before....

Hey guys,

I haven't written for a few weeks and I've really missed blogging so I'm now officially back. I'm aiming to post more regularly from now on and I have lots of ideas for blog posts coming up soon. I've had a very rough few weeks which have been difficult for me but I'm now starting to come through the other side and I'm starting to feel much more positive.

I've been trying to keep busy recently and one project I've been working on is redecorating my bedroom. My bedroom walls were a shade of dark red and so the room never had much light and I found myself limited to homewares to suit the red walls. So I decided to lighten up my bedroom as this will make my bedroom a calmer, lighter place to be.

I decided to paint the walls a neutral shade and then incorperate colour with accessories and bedding. The shade I chose for the walls is Ivory White from the Dulux Once range. I painted all of the walls in this shade with a couple of coats and then focused on the accessories in the bedroom.

I then focused on accessories. Firstly,  this lovely new floral bedding is from the Range and cost £16 pounds. I love it because it's very Cath Kidston-esque but at a bargain price and it really brightens the room up. I then hung up some pictures and photographs of friends and family to brighten up the walls and inject some colour into the room.

I also treated myself to a Yankee Candle with a Vanilla Frosting fragrance. I love Yankee Candles and as I'm a fan of sweet smells this one is perfect for my new room. It was £13 from Asda.

I've still got a few things I'd like to add to the room, such as new cushions and I'd like to buy a new bedside table but for now I'm loving the result. I find it so much more relaxing and bright and my mood reflects this.


A vase I picked up from The Range, now I just need someone to buy me flowers....

Yankee Candle in Vanilla Frosting: £13 from Asda

Photos of friends and family...

I moved my chair by the window to create the perfect spot for reading.

This really does sum me up...

Any tips on what else to add to my bedroom? What are your favourite stores to shop for homewares?

Thanks for reading :)
Adele x





2 comments:

  1. Looks lovely, and comfy too! Makes me wanna do a make-over for my room. xx

    sharon @ shasummerwine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's great what a lick of paint can do, it's so much lighter and calmer. I love a good home makeover, I'm spending the night on pinterest looking at inspiration :) xx

    ReplyDelete