Tuesday 20 May 2014

Life lately...


One of my favourite places....


Hey guys! I haven't written a post for just under a week as I've been pretty busy. Life has been a bit up and down recently for lots of reasons and I guess this post is just a way for me to focus on the positive parts of my life at the moment. So I thought I'd write a little list of 10 things that are making me happy right now.

1) Annual Leave: I absolutely love my job but at times it can become quite stressful and tiring, so it's always lovely having some time to catch up with friends, family, my boyfriend and just having some ''me time.'' 

2) SUNSHINE! If you're from the U.K like me, you will have noticed that we've had a mini heatwave for the past few days. Apparently it's set to change this week, but it was lovely having a few days in the sunshine at the park eating icecream, drinking ice-cold drinks in the sun and topping up my freckle tan ;)

3) First Aid Kit's new song: My Silver Lining. It's beautiful and summery, has a little bit of a country feel to it but stays true to the duo's folk sound. I have listened to it on repeat for the past few days and their new album Stay Gold is out in June, can't wait! :)

4) Running: Now this may seem like a weird one, especially for any exercise-phobics out there! I started running regularly back in February in an effort to improve both my physical and mental health and I have to say I'm becoming addicted. I'm a red, sweaty mess during each run but the benefits I've gained from it have made me feel more confident, stronger and healthier. I'm also running my first 10k in July and I find it easier to keep going with a goal in mind. I'd advise anyone to give it a go.

5) Game of Thrones: One of the best things about annual leave is actually having the time to catch up on my favourite shows. I spent a good three hours yesterday catching up on GoT and I'm absolutely loving it. I have the first book which I want to start reading soon, but I'm a bit worried I'll end up confused reading the 1st book and watching the 4th season at the same time, ha!

6) Being able to paint my nails pretty colours because I'm off work, yippeeee!

7) Saturday night's curry night: I went for a curry on Saturday to celebrate a friend's birthday with some friends and the boy and it was lovely, I had Lamb Bhuna and garlic naan and it was AMAZING!

8) Having some exciting things planned for the next few months definitely helps me when I'm feeling a bit down in the dumps. I'm going to Field Day in June to see Pixies, Metronomy and Sky Ferreira to name a few and I'm ridiculously excited. Then I have a lovely spa day coming up in July and hopefully going on holiday with the boy in September, eeeep.

9)  Having cuddles with cute animals always cheers me up; I met my friend's cat called Lucy the other day, she's a cute, fluffy little Persian and I got to have a little cuddle which made me pretty happy.

10) My bed: It may sound weird, but I'm loving being able to just catch up on sleep while I'm off work, I love naps and lie-ins and I rarely get to have them when I'm at work so I'm being extra lazy and treating 
myself!




I feel pretty positive after writing this post and I hope you've all enjoyed reading it too :)
And I'd love to know what's making you happy at the moment?  

Adele x

4 comments:

  1. I have the same owl cushion as you, love it :) I've nominated you for the very inspirational blogger award, and you can check it out here: http://prettyinpips.blogspot.co.uk/ xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. My room is filled with all things owl, I'm obsessed! :) x

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely post! Glad you've been enjoying life lately, and your bed looks well cosy! Love all your cushions :) You have a new follower xx

    www.alphabeth.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thankyou Beth :) that's so sweet of you to say. I do love my cosy bed! I'll follow you back :) xx

    ReplyDelete